This is a blog about Information Technology (IT), weird bikes, and other random topics that is maintained by me (Neil Sabol).
I consider myself to be a jack of many IT trades, who enjoys architecting, deploying and supporting solutions to facilitate research, administrative processes, and other business operations. My 10 years of IT experience in Albuquerque, New Mexico spans various industries (government, healthcare, higher education, military/aerospace, Fortune 500) and various functions.
I am a huge proponent of open source solutions in the enterprise and enjoy providing outstanding customer support for various applications and platforms.
I also enjoy business / technical writing and data analysis of all types (Excel, Splunk, Cherwell Searches/Widgets/Dashboards, etc.). When I am not immersed in Information Technology, you might find me riding a weird bike (outdoor elliptical, kick bike), longboarding, volunteering with Junior Achievement, jamming on the cajon, or binge watching a SciFi series.
- AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Apache / IIS
- Application and system support, migrations, and upgrades
- Authentication (AD DS, LDAP, SAML, CAS)
- Cherwell Service Management
- cPanel / WHM
- Customer service
- Duo Security (2FA)
- F5 (APM/iRules)
- Google CSE/SEO
- Jamf Pro (iOS/OSX management)
- Linux (AMI, CentOS 6+, RHEL 6+)
- Log Analysis
- Office 365 (Exchange Online, SharePoint, Flow)
- SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager)
- Web hosting
- Windows Server (2008+) and Desktop (7+)